[Note: At least one image in this entry was found online (probably at an auction site) and saved for personal use. And then the Database project came along! If you recognize your image we'd like to have your permission and would love to give you credit for your work. Please contact us through Site Info > About in the main menu up top.]
Collection of fake movie posters drawn by comics artists.
5½ × 8½"
Glossy cover stock
5½ × 8½"
United Fanzine Organization memberzine.
In 1987 Steve Willis announced that he was killing his Morty the Dog character for good this time (or so he said). So the team of Hal Hargit and David Tosh got a bunch of cartoonists together to produce this thick "affectionate tribute/roast/eulogy" for the character (and his creator, of course).
* Morty meets Fritz the Cat (courtesy of D. Tosh)
* a gorgeous Morty centerspread by Jeff Gaither
* Steve Willis as a Matt Feazell stick character
* Wayno's story in which Morty meets Howie the Hat (sort of) and speaks only in lines from classic R&B songs
* Ted Bolman's "The Mortys Steve Didn't Draw"
* an 8½ × 11" fold-out jam by Willis and most of the contributors
Includes fold-out centerspread.
1st printing: June 1985
2nd printing: 1985?, indicated on back cover
One of the highlights of this issue is a centerspread jam comix by D. Tosh, Spain Rodriguez, Denis Kitchen, R. Crumb and Gilbert Shelton.
At least three printings exist. The 3rd has an Ozone Press logo in place of SoL (see images). Ozone Press is 3rd printing.
Contents include two Michael Roden jam pages (one with Gaither, one with Nukes), plus Jeff Gaither cover and multi-page art portfolio and a Scratchface Doodlehead back cover by Tosh.
1st printing (October 6, 1986): variant cover stocks are lavender, yellow, green
2nd printing (June 5, 1987): cover stock is lavender w/ some (all?) interiors printed in blue ink
Some of this issue's contents:
* the "Edgeorama" jam page by D. Tosh, Steve Willis, Michael Roden, Wayno, Jeff Gaither, Brad W. Foster and Lee Burks
* a four-page (including centerspread) pirate-themed collaboration between Michael Roden and Jeff Gaither
* Jeff Gaither's interpretation of Tosh's Scratchface Doodlehead character
Four printings, all identical externally except the 1st has a hand-drawn SoL logo (I think).
1st (February 22, 1987): green cover stock
2nd (April 6, 1987): green cover stock (with modified SOL logo)
4th (March 30, 1994): green cover stock (with modified SOL logo)
Page 4 of 9